Friday, June 24, 2011

Cars 2 Date



I'm not even going to lie. I had a blast with my boys today! I just wish that Mike was around. To be part of our "Family Date." The boys had a great time. But I also knew, they were missing their daddy. I was too!

We started out our adventure with a late lunch. Pizza at the mall. Nothing too special. But we had a blast. Mikey just loves the pizza at our mall. Is it funny that he asks for it often? We don't have it very often. But he will ask me for it more than he asks for toys. Yes, I know my son is funny!

But after lunch, we got to see Cars 2. Mikey was cracking up. He laughed so hard, he made me laugh. I enjoyed the movie, just because he was having so much fun. Danny slept through part of the movie. He watched the more exciting part at the end. He really seemed to "get it." I'm so glad the boys enjoyed their movie.

And after the movie, we went out and had a fun dinner. The boys giggled and laughed. We shared lots of yummy finger foods. It was just a lot of Family Fun! Just what we needed. It's so tough when Mike is gone. We're so proud of him and the work he does. But we miss him so much when he's gone.

On the way home, I thought both boys had fallen asleep. I was quietly singing with the radio. When I heard Mikey. "Mommy tank you. We have so mush fun! I wuv you." It melted my heart. I teared up. My boys mean so much to me! I'm so glad that we had a fun day out!

Rach

No comments: