Monday, April 16, 2012

Trying Something New

Sometimes I feel like I get in food slump. I'm not the best cook around. Especially not in Mexican food. But I try. Every time that we go to visit Mike's family, I try to learn 1 more thing. Sometimes, it's simple things. Like beans. Or Spanish rice. And I have to say this, I have a very patient husband. Who endures it. Endures the same food every week. Who happily smiles, at the 10 or so dishes that I've mastered.

But even I get tired of it. And go hunting out simple and new recipes. Things that I can tackle. With success. And that we'll enjoy eating. Tonight, I'm feeling a little stuck. Like I can't endure the same tacos on Tuesdays, and Spaghetti on Wednesdays. So I went to hunt out a new recipe. And I found this one. For Shrimp & Garlic Pasta. Yum! It already sounds AMAZING!


We're also blessed, with sweet boys. Who aren't picky eaters. That will try, just about anything. At least once! :) That is truly a blessing. Ask any mom. But honestly, this is going to be a home run for our family. I already know it.

My sons adore pasta. I'm sure, all kids do! And shrimp, that's another favorite around here. I just showed Mike the recipe. And he asked if I can make it tomorrow. I can't wait for dinner. Do you have any other good resources for recipes? I'd love to hear about your favorites. :)

♥Rach♥

No comments: