Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Charlie the Bear Man

You can tell I am insanely bored. I just finished watching ABC's Outsiders. The story was about Charlie the Bear Man. Not that I think only bored people watch Outsiders. I actually like to watch this show. But I was tweeting about the show, while I watched.

Charlie is a man who created a Bear Haven in Alaska. He has been "friends" with these bears for 20+ years. Feeding them, living with them, interacting with them. There is also a camera man that was documenting this crazy situation for a year or 2. Recently, Charlie has had to leave his bears and now faces tons of legal issues for feeding these bears.

The questions are just swirling in my head. How does a person become friends with bears? How did this start? What happened to Charlie's family? Why would you allow bears into your home? Or to be that close to you? I am just at a loss here.

The story was very interesting. But I am not sure that I really understand Charlie's train of thought. It freaks me out if I see a roach outside. Or a lizard in the house. But to allow bears to live with you, that is a whole different story.

The real reason I am watching Charlie's story, and blogging about it, is because I miss Mike. Is this crazy or what? He has been gone for a matter of days. But it feels like years! I don't know how military wives do it. To be without their loved ones for months, even years. That has to be tough.

The last time there were large fires in California, Mike went. He is trained in fighting wild fires. They have to go through special training. Then when crazy fires like this happen, they have to go. There was actually a large group of firefighters that left from our state. Avs feels my pain. As do a group of the firefighters families. But it is still hard.

Maybe because Mike and I are now married. And we have Mikey to think about. I just worry for all of us. Especially Mikey. I know I shouldn't, but I do. Mikey is also missing Mike too. He keeps trying to get his daddy's pictures. I have to be strong for all of us. So I say an extra prayer for my husband. And wait for his healthy return.

Rach

No comments: