Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Updates

I figured I would start a weekly update on my blog. Look for it on Fridays. Just to let you know what is going on with me and the family!

♥Rach♥

1. Mike called last night. He is pretty tired. His job is tough as hell! But he is optimistic. He wants to believe he will be home before my birthday. And that they can contain this fire soon!

2. Mikey's new favorite place to hangout, is the laundry basket. He somehow manages to climb into it. And when there are towels or blankets in there, he lays down to sleep! :)

3. We only have 1 month, 1 week, and 3 days until we move! I am not even thinking about packing. I should though. We have a lot of stuff that needs to get packed. On the bright side, there are lots of boxes that I never unpacked when I moved in with Mike. But we have a baby now. And triple the stuff!

4. Emmers and Paul are in town. They got here Wednesday. I finally got to see them yesterday. And they are moving back! I can't believe Lola and J kept that secret from me!

5. I started to go to church with my friends during the week! We go on Tuesday and Thursday nights. And of course, Sunday mornings. I am totally getting into the Catholic Church. Almost like I have been a Catholic my entire life! I am about halfway through my classes.

6. I baked cupcakes. And didn't burn them! Too bad Mike wasn't around to try them. I baked yesterday morning. Then loaded them with chocolate frosting. And I have already ate 6 by myself! I'm gonna get fat.

7. Mikey loved running into the guys, from the firehouse, this morning. I went on my morning run as usual. Pushing him in his stroller. Thanks mom for buying me a running stroller. And he saw the guys. He about jumped out. Good thing I had him all buckled down! :)

8. It's official, only 1 of our 7 strawberry plants still lives. I don't know if the drought has anything to do with it. Or do I just have a black thumb? We got a total of 4 strawberries since the spring. The birds would eat them before they got too big.

9. I really did clean out the junk drawer in the kitchen. It was stuffed with junk. Pens that didn't work, old AOL CDs, takeout menus. Packets of ketchup, salsa, and mayo! You name it, I found it! How long has Mike lived here? If I could just clean out my makeup drawer we would be in business.

10. I got some good news today. I can't tell you yet. But it is good news. Something that will add more joy to our upcoming move! I should tell Mike first. So you just get to wait!

No comments: