Friday, May 25, 2012

For Our Winged Friends

I don't think it's a shock, I'm not very crafty. I try. But I'm just not. Even with all my education. You know, I was supposed to go into the field of education. But well, you know. Life happens. I'm getting off topic here....

It's been so hot here. Been in the 90s for weeks! And the boys are dying to do all kinds of crazy things outside. They've hunted lizards for weeks! Literally, no lizard is safe in our yard!! They all end up in a jar. With 2 boys poking them. Staring at them. Just being curious.

Bugs get the same treatment. I find Mikey digging in the yard. And Danny standing there, with another jar. Ya, no jar is safe in our home. I do make sure, to poke holes in all the tops. I'm trying to save the creatures here. :)

With Mike being gone, fighting the wild fires, I'm all the kids have. So I've been trying extra hard. To be a good momma. We go on daily "nature walks." Early in the morning. It's the only time it's cool out. And in the evening, we head to the park. So they can play with their friends. But around the house, I'm a little at a loss. What can we do?

I found a fun project. That involves a Slinky, birdseed, and birds. Even I can manage this one! I bought all the supplies yesterday. And today, during the "peak heat hours," we're going to create some wonderful things. For our winged friends. :)


What are some of your "go-to" activities to do with your kids? Especially in the heat. We live in the desert. For about 5 months out of the year, it's tough to be outside, between 9AM and 7PM. I'd really like to hear some great ideas. I know my sons would appreciate it too!

♥Rach♥

No comments: